I suggest you ...

We want ANKR on Android!

When will the ANKR Android app be available?

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ANKR Support TeamAdminANKR Support Team (Admin, ANKR) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  ANKR Support TeamAdminANKR Support Team (Admin, ANKR) responded  · 

Hey guys. a couple things. Our Android app now has all the same features as the iOS app and is super stable with the latest Android release that came out in the last few weeks, thanks to better Bluetooth performance in the OS. But Android support is limited. It turns out that even though Android’s Bluetooth 4.0 stack supports low energy peripherals, it can take up to 5 minutes to report beacon information, whereas Bluetooth 4.1 reports every 30 seconds. We can only support Android devices with Bluetooth 4.1 and that is why Android devices that have Bluetooth 4.0 cannot download the app. Initially we had hoped to support Bluetooth 4.0 devices, but performance is just not quick enough to be of use. Please make sure your device has Bluetooth 4.1 before ordering. Sorry Galaxy S5 users. We have a search tool on ankr.com that will let you know if your phone is supported. Let us know if you have any questions via help.ankr.com.

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TimTim commented  · 

If you have an Android app, why don't you put it on the first page of your Web site?

• Uri ZakUri Zak commented  · 

You lost my trust completely, ANKR developers.
        You promised Droid support last winter, and now after almost a year passed, a new winter is coming, but I still cannot use my Samsung Galaxy5 with ANKR app.
        These great devices go directly to trash can, where they belong - no hope anymore.
        Shame on you, ANKR developers and support.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I tried to download and was told it doesn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S5. When I purchased the Ankrs, I was led to believe it worked on Android phones.

• Anonymous commented  · 

What's the minimum supported Android version?

• Anonymous commented  · 

What's the minimum supported Android version? I have a Galaxy S5 and I don't see the ANKR app in the Google Play store.

• Anonymous commented  · 

So you promised an android app for your product ...that has been sitting on my desk since this time last year !!!

you launch an Android app ...but it dose not support my Galaxy S5 ?

Am i to go out and upgrade my phone just to use your tracker?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Why isn't the Galaxy Note 3 supported???

• Anonymous commented  · 

I ordered 2 of these in 2015... I did not know at the time it was Apple only. It is over a year since then. If I send them back will you return my money? Or am I just out of luck? Please answer this time.

• EweikelEweikel commented  · 

Still... waiting..... give us something.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I purchased several ANKRs prior to the holidays 2015, based on your statement at the time that the Android app was scheduled for release in the winter. Well, winter is officially over and spring is well along. Now your position is "later this year". If you want beta testers, from the 140+ people that have voted here I would guess you could find a few. My opinion of ANKR is slipping rapidly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Given the market share of Android vs IOS you have wonder why the Android app wasn't done first

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sounds like you all can't deliver on android. Looks like future might have lawsuits for bad advertising.

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

On Walmart.com there was only a small line "Currently, ANKR is Apple iOS exclusive"
        One line? It should have warned customers that it's for Apple iOS at the first line
        You don't need to wait for having poor customer experience, you already got the poor customer reviews by only choosing Apple iOS
        Now I don't know if what I bought can be used with your not available Android App yet or there will be another kind of ANKR device only compatible with your not available Andoird App yet (then in that case my actual ANKR will be useless).
        Please update the estimated available time.

• No iPhone For MeNo iPhone For Me commented  · 

Another vote for those wanting an Android app. I think this is a good idea, but not if I can't use it.

• DugDug commented  · 

I bought 2 and can not use them. It is 2016 and still no android app. When will you support android.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please advise android users about approx. date for us

• David PaganDavid Pagan commented  · 

I also ordered my ankr from Touch of Modern without any knowledge of it only working for Apple and not Android. Its absolutely useless without the app. APP FOR ANDROID IS NEEDED NOW!!! Please update soon....and for the future, any website selling and/or advertising the Ankr should and must let the consumers (us paying customers) aware that at this time its only available for Apple's IPhone and IPad. #Aggravated #Notatallhappy

• Jason VongsayJason Vongsay commented  · 

I just ordered two and I just realized I can't use it. This is terrible. I bought them from Touch of Modern and it didn't claim to be available only on iPhone so I bought two. #dissatisfied

• FernandoFernando commented  · 

Create an app so you can actually use this device. If more phones can use it the crowd source feature will be better. With this kind of tech limiting your crowd GPS ability will leave you in the dust compared to companies that got it right ages ago.

• FernandoFernando commented  · 

Bought two and was excited to use. Turns out Ankr sunk before it even got moving. Without an android app this things just dead weight. Seems like this company is really going no where with this ankr. Seems like a functioning prototype might be better than nothing when it comes to weighting on these developers.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base